Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Whitney St. Restaurant

Whitney St. Restaurant "Grayslakes Homegrown Restaurant"
30 N. Whitney Street, Grayslake, IL 60030
847-223-0670

Okay, I don't mean this at all in a bad way, but The Whitney is more-or-less a dive. Dives have their place. In fact, we often tend to frequent places that are either complete dives or really high-falutin'. We don't go to too many things in the middle (well, okay, any place with really good pancakes, but that's my personal weakness).

The Whitney had friendly people and the food was decent. Not the kind of stuff you write home about, but not bad either. And I like a place where they ask you "What are you having for dessert?" rather than "Would you like any dessert?" (we didn't, actually, 'cause we were too full, but still, it's a good question.)

Tony had salmon patties and I had a tuna melt. It was actually a pretty good tuna melt -- bread toasted just so and the tuna warm all the way through. I hate it when the tuna is cold in the middle. That's the mark of a bad tuna melt, if you ask me. I bet all their melts are pretty good.

No comments: