Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Max Day 2

Isn't he cute?

Today Max learned to get into the routine: sleep, eat, poop...oh, don't forget burp or he can't sleep...
Max learned how to do all of the above very well today and he's doing everything he is supposed to do, right on schedule.

Mommy's just about got everything figured out...rule #1 only try to feed Max if you can see his eyes. If you don't see those beautiful eyes, don't even try. Give him to Daddy to wake him up.

Notice the good cop/bad cop thing starting already????

Also notice those nice alert eyes? Feed Mommy feed!

Daddy's jobs are to: wake up the Max so he can eat (be gentle 'cause he won't eat if he's fussy...), burp Max after feeding (Max actually seems to really like this) and to comfort Max after some mean nasty nurse sticks him with a needle so much that both Mommy and Daddy are crying too.

We're getting into the swing of things. Tomorrow we wrap up everything at the hospital and try it at home. I'm actually thinking this will be easier, as poor Mommy will now be able to get away from nurses who wake you up just as you finally get a break.

More to come tomorrow as the Pauley adventure continues down its new and exciting path.

4 comments:

Rikki said...

He is so absolutely beautiful! I wish I could be there to cuddle with him and give him a big kiss (although I am sure he is not missing out in that department!). It sounds like you guys are doing a wonderful job; Max is so lucky to have the mommy and daddy God chose for him. Well, since it will be a while before I can do it myself, please give him big kisses and hugs from Aunt Rikki and tell him how much I love and adore him. Congratulations... love you guys. BTW, Kylie cannot stop looking at her new cousin's pics and talking about how cute he is!!

Trish said...

It sounds like you had a great first day together! Isn't it amazing? I'm so happy for both of you -- and your comment about crying when Max was crying because of the shots was spot on.

Good luck on the big homecoming!

Kim - hang in there with the nursing!

Thinklink said...

Congrats! Max looks very content, and mature for a newborn, stylin' in his striped pjs. Gotta get me some of those.

Our Cassie's only got one month on him, so they're pretty much figuring this world out together from the same starting line.

Congrats again!
Jeff & Amy

Deb Pauley said...

He is absolutely beautiful!! Tall dark and handsome like his daddy!
Of course he learned all that in one day, and a bunch more he just hasn't had time to tell you all aobut them yet!! He is a busy little man, sleeping, eating and growing takes up lots of energy!
I am so anxious to get to hold Mr. Max and give lots of hugs, kisses and anything else he might want. You need to really work hard on bringing him here or me there soon, soon, soon. (Tony, you remember that connection between a boy and his grandma) so we have to get together soon to get that connection going. Just a little hint because I'm sure I haven't mentioned that I can't wait to meet Mr. Max and hold and hug and kiss him. Well maybe I did mention a litle something like that once or twice, but well you know how grandparents can be about this type of thing....
The pictures are awesome, you can see the love pouring out to Max. I am so happy you got him away from those nasty nurses, that made Nana cry just reading about such horrible treatment!
Mr. Max is very blessed to have you both. I know you will be fantastic parents. I am soooo happy for you and proud of you both. I knew if you ever gave in a had a little one he or she would be absolutely beautiful , and of course I was right, Mothers just know these things....
Congradulations, you are all beautiful and loved deeply.