Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Updates

  • Grace has actually gotten down to 16 lbs. 4 oz. Which is a heckuva lot better than the 22 lbs. she used to be (fat kitty!). Of course, this may be partly due to the fact that she's been throwing up (sometimes in our bed) just about every day lately.
  • We've been transitioning Max to his crib vs. the bassinet and it seems to be working just fine. Read: he's oblivious to the difference so long as I feed him quickly enough.
  • I think his growth spurt may finally be slowing down. He still seems to want to eat as often as he did before, but now he's often not eating for as long. And when he's done -- he's done. I guess he's like his daddy -- he knows what he wants, when he wants it, and that's that.
  • My book got nominated for the YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers List (very cool!) -- though I won't find out if I actually make the list until later in the year (sometime after the ALA convention, I think, which I'm going to (I'll be doing a signing and even reading on stage ---oooooh!)
  • There is no such thing as too many spit rags.
  • Seriously, there's not.
  • The weather seems to have turned the corner again (after it actually snowed in Deerfield this past week -- geez). It's nice to see the sun.

More soon -- and a picture, I promise.

No comments: