Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Affinity Boutique

Affinity Boutique
970 Harris Road, Suite 2B, Grayslake, IL 60030

The Affinity Boutique just (and I mean "just" as in two days ago) moved from downtown Graylake to the Shops at Prairie Crossing. I suppose you could call that good news for me and bad news for Tony. Well, kind of. Being nearly 5 months pregnant means I'm not buying a whole lot of normal clothes at the moment (though I did see a really cute jacket that I think will work for me both now, in a few months, and after).

I actually should have written this little clothing and accessories boutique up months ago when I bought a really cute little brown dress there. My favorite little dress, actually. It's a bit pricey for what I normally spend on clothing (my mom's influence), but really, really cool stuff from interesting designers. And technically, by big city standards, not that expensive.

They carry XCVI (my dress is from them), and a bunch of other designers that I've never heard of (mostly because I'm not all that label-aware) like Sisters, Willow, Jag Jeans, Nic & Zoe, Cubism, Bloom, Donna Morgan and many others (I lifted that from their website...it isn't from memory...like I'd remember all that).

Jill and I walked over today to check out their new digs. It's a nice location around the corner from the cafe and they've got two dressing rooms now and a lot more space. On the one hand, it is kind of sad to see something close in downtown...on the other hand, I'm happy to see it here.

At some point I need to write up all the other shops in PC. I'm not sure why I haven't yet (oh yeah. Time.)

No comments: