Thursday, January 31, 2008

An ounce or two, what's the diff?

So, today was my weekly doctor appointment. This time around it was the non-stress test, an ultrasound (yes, even though we did one with the MFM high risk people last Saturday, not even a week ago), and doctor/nurse consult (i.e. tummy measuring). He cooperated well enough for the stress test (he's quite the mover and shaker) and did okay for the ultrasound, though he wasn't in a good position for pictures, sadly. They could measure things though. This time he measured 4 lbs. 15 ounces, which is just one (estimated) ounce up from Saturday. But the nurse and the tech said that ultrasounds can be w-a-y off (up to a whole pound), which is one of the reasons that they want to induce me early. That and the rampaging hormones that hit you the last month.

Today I worked on YABC and got all of the contest stuff ready for the next 2 months so that I don't have to worry about it in either Feb or March. I figure I'll be a little busy...I should probably set up April too, but we'll see. Just trying to get organized so I don't have to think about it much when things are too busy.

Tonight is our child care class, though I probably wouldn't have scheduled it if I'd realized how much of that kind of stuff we were going to cover in the child birth prep class. I figured that one would be all, you know, child birth stuff. But they did cover quite a bit of newborn care, so I don't know that we need tonight's class after all...but we're already scheduled and paid up and it's just on the other side of the neighborhood in the Lake Forest hospital building, so what the hey. I'll probably forget half of what I'm supposed to know anyway and put the diaper on the wrong end. Who knows.

No comments: