Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Peanut Update

We went for an ultrasound and echo cardiogram for the baby today so they could check everything out and make sure that the gestational diabetes stuff hadn't mucked anything up. Everything looks good; he's trending at the 50th percentile (which is good; that means he isn't too big or growing too fast, one of the big dangers of GD). Right now he's 3 lbs. 8 ounces. Which is bigger than I was when I was born, so there you go.

No problems in the heart either and he actually really cooperated, giving them a good view.

Now, if I could just get my sugar levels to, well, level out.

We're officially at 30 weeks and counting (actually, almost 31, since Monday will be 31). So just 9 - 10 weeks to go.

I finally registered for a few things at Babies R Us, though I need to go back and register for some more stuff (and sort some things out; haven't decided which sling-y thing yet, for instance, so there are two sitting on the registry...I swear, reading the feedback from other moms and dads actually makes it harder to pick stuff out). One of my (experienced mommy) neighbors is going to help me add more stuff since I only have the vaguest clue as to what I actually need to register for.

I put the crib and other furniture on the registry too (not that I expect anyone to buy it for us -- in fact, please don't, since I'll be ordering it soon) so I could remember which pieces we picked out and so people could see what they looked like if they wanted to. I also (gulp) ordered the stroller/car seat (it also has a bassinet attachment that you can use on the base or seperately on a rocker thing I can put in the office) and that should be here in about 2 weeks.

And we bought some blue paint (Disney's Blustery Day) for the baby's room, though it isn't up on the walls yet. Maybe this weekend. I've got the room partially cleaned out now.

So, whew. The peanut is costing us some peanuts already.

No comments: