Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Peanut has Furniture & other good news

Woot! Well, yesterday I spent probably 4 hours on the phone with Babies R Us (not to mention other furniture stores and the manufacturer) and the end result (I won't bore you with all the intricate details or frustrations) is that the furniture we wanted in the first place has officially been ordered and should be here in 7-14 days.

There's that whole counting chickens/eggs thing, so I'm not going to completely crow yet, but I'm also not going to worry about it anymore until I hear otherwise. They did at least take money, so I think we're fairly secure now.

So, presumably, the peanut now has a room full of furniture coming.

Had a strange sugar day yesterday; it was way up and way down. Not really sure why. The Dr. upped my insulin by a bit again, but not too much. It's *almost* where it is supposed to be.

On the writing side of things, my editor forwarded me this really nice note from the lady who is writing the discussion guide on my book. It seems she's not a big fan of vampire books, but took the work anyway and wound up really liking the book. :-) So that's really cool. It was nice to get that after all the baby-drama (dealing with salespeople is soooooo NOT my favorite thing). It was a good pick-me-up at the end of the day.

And that's about it for now.

No comments: